Paramo waterproofs are made from hydrophobic fibres which get thinner outwards, the way that animal fur does. The fibres push any moisture, whether rain, condensation or sweat, into the gaps between them and force it outwards. This active moisture transfer means that there is no need for a barrier membrane and hence they do not have the "armour plated" feel of most waterproofs . They also breathe in muggy conditions when all other breathable fabrics don't. The result is clothing which will keep you dry in any conditions while being soft and comfortable to wear. The Cascada is an all round hillwalking jacket, but its comfortable feel means that you end up using it for lots of more casual activities. Integral rollaway hood with wired peak and volume adjuster, chest map pocket behind the front zip flap, hand pockets, adjustable cuffs. The best thought out waterproof jacket around, already a design classic. In a female specific fit.
Voted No. 1 Waterproof for Gear of the Year 2007 by Country Walking Magazine. Gold Award for Best Waterproof by walk the Rambler Association Magazine
- Increased field of vision, fine adjustment and complete weather protection provided by the fully adjustable, wired, roll-away hood.
- Maximum freedom of movement and increased comfort in the shoulder and arm area provided by articulated shoulders and sleeves.
- Weight: 830g
- Increased comfort and protection when load carrying provided by reinforced, double layer shoulder construction.
- Further temperature control and weather protection from the multi-adjust cuff design which also allows sleeves to be rolled up for cooling.
- Excellent weather protection in all conditions from our unique 2" drip skirt and scooped tail.
- Easily adjustable cuffs
- Additional temperature control provided by waist and hem drawcord pulls, which also help eliminate rucking when load carrying.
- Handwarming and storage from two ‘dry’ hip pockets.
- ‘Dry’ OS-sized map storage supplied by single chest pocket.
- Ladies' Cascada Jacket has a tailored fit for the female form through redesign of the shoulder, arm, waist and hip areas.